Personal, Social and Emotional Growth
When everyone around you is focusing on school work and homework, it is easy to forget that your child must also grow socially and emotionally to become an independent person. Here at Big Fish Tutors, we understand the paramount necessity of personal growth alongside education to unlock the full potential of your child’s character and personality.
How does your child understand their capabilities? How does your child look after themselves? How does your child understand their own strengths and weaknesses?
How does your child understand themselves in relation to others? How does your child make friends? How does your child understand their responsibility towards society?
How does your child understand their own feelings? How does your child express emotions? How does your child show empathy towards another person’s view?
“Now I can speak in front of my whole class in school without feeling scared.”
As your child growths, our tutors will coach them to understand different points of view; be able to relate to adults and other children; explore and learn creatively; practise social responsibility; feel confident about themselves; express their point of view in a respectful way. These life skills will help your child growth into a secure and valuable individual.
At Big Fish Tutors, your child will practise:
- Saying please and thank you.
- Presenting their ideas or methods on the board.
- Working in pairs and groups.
- Listening when the tutor is speaking.
- Helping each other with their work.
- Thinking before speaking.
- Trying to answer independently without hesitation.
- Being responsible and handing their homework assignments on time.
- Responding to questions in a methodical manner.
- Clapping for others upon their achievement.
- Reading out their own work to the rest of the class.
- Revising corrections verbally.
- Raising their hand when answering questions.
- Using real-life, relatable examples to aid their learning.
- Asking for help.
- Social manners.
- Able to accept positive criticism provided to improve on their work and behaviour.
- Overcoming shyness.